FLORENCE PLANT COVID-19 NOTIFICATION
November 16th, 2020
We learned today that an associate who works in the Florence facility has tested positive for COVID-19. The associate was last in the facility on Thursday, November 12th. The associate was exposed to COVID outside of work. The associate has mild symptoms and will self-quarantine for the required time before returning to work. Due to federal health privacy laws, information regarding the associate’s identity cannot be released.
We did not identify any associates at work that were close contacts with this associate per the CDC guideline for exposure (contact for over 15 minutes, within 6 ft, and contact 48 hours prior to positive test results).
At this time there is increased community spread and potential exposure outside of work. We want to stress the importance of being diligent in safe behaviors in all environments, including seeking testing. Social distancing, hand hygiene, and facial coverings are critical both inside and outside of work to keep our associates and families safe. We will continue to take all necessary precautions to ensure our site remains a safe and healthy place to work.
It is important to take this time to review these safety precautions which are mandatory while at work:
- Face Masks: Masks are required and must cover your nose and mouth. Masks should also be worn while in conference rooms.
- Social Distancing: We must observe strict distancing of [6 feet]. All associates need to take this very seriously to limit exposure. Use video conferencing where possible to limit gatherings during meetings.
- Daily monitoring of temperatures: Temperatures are checked upon arrival at the site.
- Personal hygiene: Please continue to observe thorough hand washing procedures and limit face touching, particularly when using shared equipment (including tools, control panels, vending machines, copiers, etc.).
- Feeling ill: Associates who feel ill should not come to work, under any circumstances. If you feel ill during the workday, please contact your manager immediately.
We continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines and daily cleaning protocol in all common areas, offices and frequently used areas.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to either of us.
Human Resources Manager