JOLIET PLANT COVID-19 NOTIFICATION
April 30th, 2021
We were informed this afternoon, April 30th, that a Joliet associate has tested positive for COVID-19. The associate was tested after developing moderate symptoms on Friday, April 30th. No close contacts were identified, the associate was last on site on April 22nd.
With the potential for increased community spread and potential exposure from travel outside of work, we want to stress the importance of being diligent in safe behaviors in all environments. Social distancing, hand hygiene, and facial coverings are critical both inside and outside or work to keep our associates and families safe. We will continue to take all necessary precautions to ensure the Joliet site remains a safe and healthy place to work. There is more access to COVID vaccines and we encourage our associates to get vaccinated. Please contact HR if you have questions.
It is important to take this time to review these safety precautions which are mandatory while at work:
- Feeling ill: Associates who feel ill should not come to work, under any circumstances. If you feel ill during the workday, please contact your manager immediately.
- Face masks: Masks are required and must cover your nose and mouth. Masks should also be worn while in conference rooms.
- Social distancing: We must observe strict distancing of [6 feet] whenever possible. All associates need to take this very seriously to limit exposure. Use video conferencing where possible to limit gatherings during meetings.
- Personal hygiene: Please continue to observe thorough hand washing procedures and limit face touching, particularly when using shared equipment (including tools, control panels, vending machines, copiers, etc.).
- Daily monitoring of temperatures: Temperatures are checked upon arrival at the site.
We continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines and daily cleaning protocol in all common areas, offices, and frequently used areas.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to either of us.
Chidozie B. Nwanojuo
Human Resources Manager